Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Do you know the way to San Jose? Da da, da da, da da...






So to answer that question, it is a resounding no, unless I have my trusty Garmin in tow.  But I decide to go against conventional wisdom and drive up to San Jose from Los Angeles, solo.  Yup, just me myself, and I with all my stuff...

It was long, but not as long as others have told me.  I had heard anywhere from 4 to 8 hours, and it took 5 plus.  I didn't stop but once for gas (and to make sure I had my wallet) so that significantly decreased the travel time.

Unfortunately for the good people of San Jose (like LA) I brought the rain... and it poured for a little bit last night.  But it looks pretty nice now, but I'm guessing it's chilly out there.

So here are a few pictures I took on the road on my 5 hour drive...  (I guess it's backwards... don't ask why)

1.  The greenery of San Jose... pretty!

2.  A big reservoir on the way to SJ.  I tried to get a better picture, but I was driving!!!

3.  The boringness of the drive up there... that middle 2 hours sucked!

4.  Some vineyards on the drive up, I think (once again, DIVING!!!)

5.  Leaving Los Angeles!!!

1 comment:

Maniceet Sahay said...

visit mine
http://maniceet.blogspot.com