Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back to reality...

I'm just about 48 hours removed from my vacation. I've already gone back to work and did a few massages, fixed up some of the little things that needed corrections around the office, updated the website, checked the e-mails, scheduled a few more people... essentially back to normal...

Things are the same, but a lot has changed since I've been gone for the last 11 days.

It's hard to believe that things can change in such a short period of time. No, I'm not moving up to the mainland, nor am I leaving the massage profession, or anything so drastic as that, it's more that my eyes are open to different things: foods, ideas, thoughts, activities, the use of my time; this trip provided more insight in the last 11 days than maybe the prior 11 months.

I realized that my not leaving the island for six plus years was a long time, but I didn't feel like it stifled me. The reality is, it did. As my world shrunk, the rest of the world changed. I stayed home and did what was comfortable while others came and went, experiencing new places and seeing new and different things.

I really do hate flying, but I really enjoyed my time driving up there and the freedom I had to get out and explore stuff. I'm already starting to miss the Mexican food up there (CARNITAS!!! and the taco cart by Brice's apartment), I miss the chance to get out and drive, I miss the lack of responsibility... I think that I should start preparing for a future trip, to where, I don't know, but all I do know is that it will be sooner than 6 years! I'll write more in the upcoming days, just wanted to get stuff out...

No comments: