Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Rain, rain, go away....




It was a long day today....

After all the rain this past weekend, I expected a little water damage here and there on the ceiling. It's happened in the past, so I was moderately prepared for it. In recent weeks, we've had renovations begin (and lasting through December) on our air conditioning piping throughout the 3rd and 4th floor ceilings, so we've had essentially plastic sheets on our floors (aka indoor "slip & slide" if you ask me) and my office has been jostled with the working going in and out to make room for their jobs. To my shock and horror, when I walked into my office today, I saw about 3 panels of our drop ceiling laying, soaked through, on the ground. That sucked...

So I began to walk through... well it was more like sloshing through puddles, gross. Thinking it would be centralized only in the waiting area, I hoped that our treatment rooms wouldn't have been affected. WRONG! Green room, completely soaked, a ceiling panel dropped and splattered on the ground; shoji screen wet and caked with panel particles; curtains wet due to the water; grand total: Messy and disgusting... Blue room fortunately, on the other hand overall fine with dampness at the room's entrance, but none the worse of wear. So to sum things up, wet carpet, covered by wet plastic, with broken up pieces of wet ceiling, a couple of appointments coming in shortly, I also had to pick up my parents form the airport, and, oh and I forgot to mention, the AC only working at half strength.

I thank Colliers' property manager, Kalani, for being very prompt and understanding with my situation as I called him and asked for "swift action" due to the nature of my business. He was able to bring a few guys to clear the debris and bring additional garbage cans to catch the water run off (which was fortunate since it rained on and off throughout the day. He brought in other guys to make an effort to cover up the holes in the roof with tarps and sandbags. And even more people to dry out the office later in the evening. So as we speak, the blowers are running at full blast to evaporate the remaining water and will be on for the next couple of days I guess.

I had appointments throughout the day, so not only did I have to do awesome massages, but I had to maintain my cool and coordinate everyone's efforts to get my office back to "normal". And for the most part, it's all good. But really, it's the rainy season now through February, so I'm guessing you'll see another post like this again. I did take some pictures, so I will try to get those up when I can so you can see all the "fun & excitement". Owning your own business is awesome 99% of the time, but today, it really sucked. And it's NOT A CASE OF THE MONDAYS!!!

No comments: